Saturday, June 10, 2006

6-09-06 Dive bomber! The Mockingbord

I missed a great photo op this morning cuz I saw a mom, dad and fledgling mockingbird at their nest in a fruitless pear tree when I went into work at Duval and Mopac. This is a great breeding ground for mockers as they are everywhere, nest in the small trees, only 6 to 8 feet off the ground. I went to lunch close to home so I grabbed my camera in hopes of getting a good pic. But it was so hot, they were elsewhere and the baby was gone too.

When I came out of work around 5, I saw a mocker flitting about in a small oak when a woman went by on her way to the garage. I looped around to take it's picture and it was squawking at me the whole time. I took this photo right before it came at me!
(The second photo is a blow up of the first to show the passion in the bird's eyes!)
I was attempting a new shot and I saw, through my lens, it coming right at me! I missed the shot as I was ducking. The third shot is the bird after it pulled up from the attack and landed nearby, still squawking.

No comments: