Monday, February 11, 2008

Lots of activity!

Only a week away from the 2008 Great Backyard Bird Count, the ol's back yard is brimming with activity.

Lots of species are staking territory and calling for mates. Cardinals, Wrens, Chickadees, Blue Jays and Mocking Birds immediately come to mind. And the flocking bords are back in great numbers. Lot's of white-winged doves, grackles and starlings. A few house sparrows, but not in great numbers yet.

I finally got a shot and some video of the sharpshinned hawk that's been hanging around the yard snatching unsuspecting birds at my feeders and bird baths.



I'll post th videos when I get them cut down to manageable sizes. Was really bummed, cuz I thought I captured a downy woodpecker on a neighbors tree on video, only to find that the dang thing didn't record properly. First downy I had seen in a long tine.

No comments: