Saturday, July 28, 2007

Chimney Swifts Revisited

Man, I apologize for the long, long layoff. Got super busy with video editing and a trip to Boston, Ma. But better later than never. On July 20, my kitty, Tortuga was staring at my fireplace. Since I had heard lots of twittering from the chimney in the last week, that could mean only one thing. Chimney swifts in the fireplace again.

Unfortunately, a nest had come down with the newborns. See the pix.




I scooped them all up and placed them on the ledge above the fireplace in hopes the parents would attend to them. They have in the past, so I thought I'd try it again.

Sure enough, the parents did attend. However, they have this tendency to come below the ledge, and aren't smart enough to go back up. Then I have to let them out the front door. Check the parent I had to let out.


This happened are few more times over the last few days. Some of the little guys didn't make it, but I think at least 2 did. Nature is a cruel master/mistress depending on your point of view.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good Job! :)